"True artistic expression lies in conveying emotion."

"True artistic expression lies in conveying emotion."

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Chores for Books

“Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life.” - Fernando Pessoa

This afternoon I went out with my camera for a short walk.  A storm was blowing in, and I love the moodiness of the wind and the sky just before a heavy rain.  As I made my way back up to the house, I found Lily taking a break from her chores, and escaping into the pages of a book.



She loves to read, and I am thankful for that.


She's normally a poser.  It's rare to catch her relaxed or oblivious to the camera,
but today, she never looked up.








She's looking less and less like a little girl, and more like a young lady.  My momma heart aches with a bittersweet emotion.  I am proud of the big girl she is becoming, but sad to see the baby disappearing.  I try to memorize her face every day, because it's ever-changing.  I relish the most mundane of details, and try to absorb every little moment- from her quirky tom-boyish-ness to the tone of her voice as she sings "good morning to you" as soon as she sees me each day.


xoxo-
Leah

[technical details: Nikon D700 | 50mm 1.4 | Prisming | Multiple Exposure]

No comments:

Post a Comment