"True artistic expression lies in conveying emotion."

"True artistic expression lies in conveying emotion."

Friday, September 9, 2016

All the Film- Neglected Kodak Ektar 100- #FilmFriday

I mentioned in my post about expired, cross-processed provia that I bought a lot of expired film on eBay several years ago, and it was accidentally stored in a hot attic for months after an unplanned move.  Well, here is another of those neglected rolls.  These were mostly taken at Old Stone Fort Archaeological Park in Manchester, Tennessee, with the last few being on my back deck.  It was a bright, sunny day in early Spring, and my family and I hiked the loop for the first time that day. It really is a beautiful trail, (I wouldn't recommend it for kids under 5 or the elderly since some areas require climbing, with lots of roots and even a steep drop-off), and it's only about 2 miles total- but for this old girl, it seemed further with all of the inclines and climbing to get views of the falls.

Back to the film-

I really adore Ektar, I love the colors of typical Ektar, the blue hues it lends to greens and the way reds pop- But this roll was not typical.  It's really contrast-y, the colors are different (more Portra-ish in my opinion), and still really beautiful.  So, without any more rambling on my part, you can see for yourself.





 Liv climbed down to this rock to take a break and just sat there for a while, taking it all in.



 Lots of roots and loose rock along the trail, one of the reasons I wouldn't recommend it for the elderly.




 Right around this time, the kids spotted a water snake.  I really wish I had caught Olivia's reaction, but I had just put my camera down.
Let's just say she is fearful of snakes.

And I don't really blame her.


 As you can see, there are multiple areas that include falls along the hike, and several popular swimming holes.

It was a great day, and the trail at Old Stone Fort Archaeological Park should be on your list of places to hike in middle Tennessee.

Once we were back at home, Olivia wanted to prove she's not fearful of all the slimy critters...

 She said they were twins.

 This girl loves animals.

Except for snakes.


 The girls picked me flowers that day to thank me for taking them hiking.

Wild flowers...
One of the perks of motherhood and living in Tennessee.

Technical Details:

Nikon F100
Nikon 28 2.8D | Nikon 50 1.4D
Very expired and neglected Kodak Ektar 100
Processed by Dury's of Nashville
Scanned on Noritsu

Do some exploring, and shoot some film!
xoxo Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment