"True artistic expression lies in conveying emotion."

"True artistic expression lies in conveying emotion."

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Sun, Fog, and Time | Natura 1600 (Fujifilm) #AllTheFim

Last Autumn, one of my longest and dearest friends was moving and found herself in a predicament in which she was going to be making a move without help. The move also happened to fall on the weekend of her 40th birthday, and marked a bold new chapter in her life, upon which she was making some major changes.

The night after she told me about moving without help, I had a dream that I surprised her by showing up unannounced to pitch in. 

This didn't seem like much of a realistic possibility, considering hat my middle-aged lifestyle doesn't afford much spontaneity.

The following morning, I awoke to tell my significant other of the dream.  He caught me completely off guard with the phrase "Let's do it".  Four days later, we set out on the road to make the journey from Nashville, TN to Asheville, NC to spend a weekend with my beautiful friend, on her birthday,  and to help her move.

The trip was amazing.  Breathtaking views, good company, good food (Korea House in Asheville is fantastic!) and good vibes.

The weekend we were there, she happened to be house sitting a home that's magazine-worthy.  I'm not exaggerating.  I mean seriously, I can't believe people pay her to stay there, it seems like it should be the other way around.  The decor was comprised of original artworks that included sculptures, paintings and drawings that were mind-blowing.  The beds were like clouds.  There was a pool table.  The furniture was charming, and the view....OMG The view!  

But first, CLOCKS.


This unique keeper of time played a beautiful melody on the hour.
I'd never seen anything like it before.




And now, let's get to the VIEW....


This is from the deck...did I mention someone lives here???

Lucky.





The neighbors.


The birthday girl and her birthday gift.

I wish I could say that I shot more of this roll later that day when we were exploring downtown Asheville, but the F100 is pretty heavy, so I opted for my lovely Fujifilm x100s instead.

I did wake up early the day after returning home to a dense fog, so I set out for a walk around the yard and finished up the roll.  The rest of these are from that walk.










One of my neighbors.







I feel pretty fortunate to live where I have these views.


Oh, and I saved one frame for the moon.

Goodnight, moon.

Until Next time,

xoxo- Leah

The technical details:

Nikon F100
Lensbaby Composer Pro + Sweet 35 Optic
Lensbaby Composer Pro + Edge 80 Optic
Nikkor 20mm 2.8 AF-D
NIkkor 70-210mm F4-5.6
Sigma 105 2.8 EX DG Macro
Processed @ Dury's Camera in Nashville. TN
Scanned on Noritsu

No comments:

Post a Comment